Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Shining, beautiful hair, that can be curled, colored, smoothed down or dressed up is an immensely valuable asset. Your hair plays an important role in determining your looks and with a stylish cut, you are bound to feel like a million bucks! Healthy hair is the result of consistent daily care. Some changes in your daily routine will enable you to maintain healthy strands.
- Healthy lifestyle — A balanced diet, a daily exercise regimen and sound sleep are the secrets to healthy locks. Your food habits and your lifestyle play an important part in determining the health of your hair.
- Drink adequate water – Keep in mind that your hair, just like the other parts of the body requires hydration in order to retain its health and shine.
- Oiling – This is an important part of hair care. Before shampooing your hair, you can massage your scalp with coconut oil or any other natural oil and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo – You must be careful about your choice of shampoo and other hair care products, you can find good quality hair care products at www.pauls-hair-world.co.uk. You must keep in mind to use only products that would be gentle on your hair and not damage it in any way. High quality natural products work best when it comes to treating hair. Stay away from harsh chemicals that only harm the hair in the long run.
- Washing – While cleaning your hair avoid using hot water. It strips the hair strands and also irritates the scalp. Lukewarm water is the best when it comes to washing hair.
- Drying – As far as possible, let your hair dry naturally. If you have to use the hairdryer, take care to refrain from using the hottest airflow. While using a hair dryer direct the flow of the hair from the roots to the ends. This will ensure that the cuticles are sealed to the shaft bringing shine to the hair.
- Trimming – It is important that you trim your hair every 2-3 months. This will promote hair growth.
- Protect your hair – The harsh rays of the sun can do a lot of damage to your hair. Take care to cover your head with a hat or use an umbrella to prevent the UV rays from damaging your hair. If you spend a lot of time outdoors, you can use quality sunscreen lotions. Also, if you are into swimming make sure to wear your cap so that the chlorinated water does not harm your hair.
These hair volume tips will go a long way in ensuring that you have healthy, shiny hair to flaunt to the world.