Image coutersy of imagerymajestic via www.freedigitalphotos.net
Teenage modelling has taken the industry by storm in the past few years. This phenomenon continues to grow with each passing day and there are thousands of young aspirants vying to make a name in the industry. This is because of the growth of social networking and other marketing strategies. Many big brands feel that teenagers are able to endorse their products better than grown up models. Whatever the reasons are, the opportunities are galore and thousands of youngsters try their luck every day.
In order to become a teen model, you need to have certain traits that are very important. These include physical as well as mental qualities. Good looks and body are prerequisites for any models. Apart from these, you need to carry the right attitude which will help you in your career. Some of the important aspects are discussed below for your perusal.
- Clothes and accessories – What you wear reflects your personality. There are different kinds of attires for different body types and you should choose the best amongst the lot. By best, it means that they should suit you perfectly and bring about the best in you. You should be comfortable in them and be able to carry yourself well. Apart from these, your shoes, jewellery, etc. should be in sync with each other. Never opt for heavy jewellery and keep it to a minimum.
- Makeup – You should look natural in your makeup. Do not overdo it. Depending on the colour of your dress, you should be made up so as to complete the package. It is a wrong notion that models always look made up. Your hairstyle should also be given particular care. Take the advice of professionals if you are in doubt. It is better to be informed than make any mistakes out of ignorance.
- Posture – In order to become a model, you need to develop the right posture. Be it in your walk or when you are standing, your posture should exude the right attitude and confidence. This can only be achieved with practice. Once you have made your career choice, this is perhaps the first thing that you need to work on.
- Portfolio – There are many types of portfolios which one can have – the normal one, E portfolio, etc. You should have these ready with you before approaching modelling agencies so that you are prepared at all times. An impressive portfolio is the stepping stone to a model’s career and hence, you should take time in building one that defines all your qualities.
- Attitude – Apart from confidence, you should also be well mannered and respect others’ time. Always reach a few minutes early when you are called for an appointment. Make sure to be dressed in your best. Your clothes and accessories should be in sync on any occasions. These things matter a lot and are taken into consideration by modelling agencies. Once you have all these ready, there is nothing that can stop you.